Monday means the beginning of the busy work-week and the beginning of "not having enough time" to prepare a healthy meal during the day! For those of you who feel the same way, have no fear! Come HERE every Monday to find a super easy and nutritious recipe for a meal made in minutes! That's right, every Sunday evening I will post a new recipe for one of my favorite meals that can be made in minutes! Make this meal Sunday night to take into work with you on Monday for a healthy lunch or wait until you come home from work and whip up this meal for a super easy dinner!
Today's Meal Made in Minutes: Super Easy Tuna Salad
What you will need:
- Two cups of your favorite mixed greens (I used Fresh Express Mixed Greens)
- 1 single serve pouch of StarKist Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna (2.6 oz)
- 1 single serve Wholly Guacamole mini cup
- 2 Tbsp plain non-fat Greek Yogurt (I used Oikos Greek Yogurt)
- 1/4th cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/2 whole wheat tortilla wrap or Lavash bread (I used Sami's Bakery Millet & Flax Lavash)
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing
- Red chili flakes and black pepper to taste
How to prepare it:
- Mix the tuna with the guacamole and Greek yogurt in a small bowl, add in the chili flakes and pepper (to taste) and stir to completely combine all ingredients
- In a serving bowl, place mixed greens and tomatoes in the bottom of the bowl and pour 1 tbsp balsmic vinaigrette on top
- Top the mixed greens with tuna salad and pour remaining 1 tbsp dressing over the tuna
- Serve with 1/2 tortilla or Lavash and dig in!
This meal provides all three macro-nutrients - complex carbohydrates, lean protein, and healthy fats (known as "the winning combos") - with tons of antioxidants for long lasting energy to get you through the long work day!
For a variation of this Super Easy Tuna Salad, try adding in some baby carrots for extra antioxidants! Go ahead, have fun with your food!