Maybe it is the Holiday spirit and being surrounded by Christmas parties and tempting desserts, but I have had quite the sweet tooth lately... ok, maybe it's more like a craving for anything chocolate and peanut butter! I am a strong believer in eating a balanced, healthy diet and not restricting yourself too much, but I always try to create healthier alternatives for tasty treats.
When I succeed in putting a healthy twist on a favorite dessert, I can hardly wait to share the recipe with y'all. But when my recipe takes less than 10 minutes to put together, can be a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert option, and is loaded with chocolate and peanut butter, I do a little happy dance and post the recipe for my weekly Meal Made in Minutes!
This week's Meal Made in Minutes: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
Just look at that bowl of deliciousness! This recipe takes about 5 minutes to make and when you wake up you will have a perfect breakfast on-the-go, a mid-day pick-me-up snack, or a decadent dessert to top off your day! This disguised dessert is packed with heart-healthy Omega-3 Fatty Acids (thanks to the Chia seeds) and lean protein (thanks to the protein powder and peanut powder), but it will sure fool your taste buds into thinking you have entered a peanut butter and chocolate paradise!
Ingredients: (Makes 1 serving)
- 2/3 - 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Almond Breeze)
- 4 tbsp. Peanut Butter Powder (PB2)
- 2 tbsp. chocolate protein powder (Select Protein Milk Chocolate)
- 2 tbsp. Chia seeds
- Place all ingredients into a Mason jar (or Tupperware container with an air-tight lid) and mix well with spoon.
- Cover jar and place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- The next day, mix ingredients well and pour into a serving bowl (or eat it straight from the jar!)
- Optional - top the Chia pudding with your favorite crunchy cereal or granola, some fruit and nuts, or whatever else your heart desires!
** I topped my chia pudding with Gluten Free Honey Nut Cheerios and it was AMAZING!
So simple, so delicious, and so nutritious! Just look at the nutrition profile for the whole recipe! Packed with 11g of heart-healthy fats and 27g of lean protein (oh, and did I mentioned chocolate and peanut butter!!?)
So what are you waiting for. Get going on this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chia Pudding and protect yourself from the other (unhealthy) Holiday treats!
Happy Holidays my friends!