It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!! Even though my beloved New England Patriots did NOT make it to the Super Bowl this year, the show (game) still must go on and I am looking forward to gathering with friends, eating delicious food, and watching the "epic" commercials! To tell you the truth, I am more excited about the delicious food that will be at the Super Bowl Party we are going to tonight, especially since I am bringing my famous (healthier) Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip!
While there will be many other Crockpot dips at the party, I am sure that they are not very healthy ... but have no fear! You can whip of this healthy version of an all-time favorite dip in plenty of time before kickoff later tonight!
This week's Meal Makeover: Healthy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
What makes my Buffalo Chicken Dip for healthy? I swapped out some not-so-healthy ingredients for some healthier nutrient-dense options! Think Plain Greek Yogurt (instead of sour cream) reduced-fat cream cheese and shredded cheese (instead of full-fat), and Ranch Dip Seasoning (instead of Ranch Dressing and Blue Cheese crumbles). Trust me, no one will know they are eating a healthier dip... but they may all ask you for the recipe!
- 8 oz. (one block) reduced-fat (or fat-free) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Fat Free Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded 2% 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce (I prefer Frank's Hot Sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. Ranch seasoning
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (Or 3 10oz canned Natural Chicken Breast)
- Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then add to a Crockpot. (I highly recommend using a Crockpot liner for easy clean up)!
- Heat on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours (or until the cheese is melted). Serve with baked tortilla chips, carrots, and celery sticks!
That's all there is to it! Just mix it all up and let the Crockpot do the work! Whether your favorite team is in the Super Bowl or not, you will definitely have something to look forward to tonight!!
So here's to (hopefully) a great Super Bowl #50!! Have a great (and safe) night!