I would like to welcome you to my BRAND NEW WEBSITE for Fuel for the Soul, LLC, and I couldn't think of a better way to introduce my new website than to share these Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars with you! The best part is that these bars can be made in minutes, do not require baking, and licking the spoon after you are done is highly recommended!
It has been about two weeks since my last recipe post, but I have been busy preparing for my Dietetic Internship (which starts tomorrow morning) and perfecting these tasty protein bars (which I will be eating throughout my first week "on the job" at DaVita Dialysis).
This week's Meal made in minutes: Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Ingredients: (16 squares)
- 1 cup plain Rolled Oats (Certified Gluten-free Oats if needed)
- 2 scoops Vanilla protein powder (whey protein or vegan / plant protein)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter (any nut butter will do)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or agave or honey)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk...)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats, protein powder, and cinnamon) and mix well with a large spoon.
- Add in the nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and non-dairy milk (in that order) to the dry ingredients and mix well. You may have to use some elbow grease to mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined (dough will be sticky).
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold into the dough mixture.
- Lightly spray an 8X8 baking dish with olive oil spray and pour dough mixture into the bottom of the dish. Use the back of the spoon (or your hands) to flatten the dough evenly to cover the entire dish. (Then you can lick the spoon or eat the dough right off your finger tips!)
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to set. After dough has set, cut into 16 even bars and enjoy!
** You can wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Grab a bar (or TWO) before you head out the door for the day for easy on-the-go transport to fuel you throughout the day. Whether you are at work, running errands, or about to work out, these bars are perfect fuel to give you the energy you need to take on any challenge you may face!
There you have it, friends! Hope you enjoy making and eating these delicious protein bars! Remember to come back to www.fuel4soul.com for more easy and healthy recipes, quick and effective workouts, and all around fitness and nutrition tips to help you achieve the healthy lifestyle you deserve!