Looking for a delicious recipe that is super easy to make and has minimal hands-on time? Then I have the perfect recipe for you! With five main ingredients and less than 10 minutes of prep time, you will have a wholesome meal on the dinner table in no time at all! Trust me when I say that your whole family will love this recipe too and they won't even know that it's actually healthy! This Healthy Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bake has been a life-saver during my pregnancy and I know it will come in handy when our baby boy finally arrives and I have very limited time for cooking!
This week's Recipe Feature: Healthy Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bake
How to make this Healthy Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bake:
Like I said, this tasty recipe requires very few wholesome ingredients (that you probably already have on hand), no additional mixing bowls, minimal hands-on time, clean up and mess, and maximum yum-factor!
Ingredients: (Serves 4-6)
- 1 cup dry (washed and rinsed) Quinoa (Ancient Harvest)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 2/3 cup Organic Salsa (spiciness depends on your preferences) ** 24 ounce jar
- 1 lb chicken breast (uncooked and cubed)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (not fat-free)
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray baking dish with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Pour dry quinoa into the bottom of the baking dish, then add the broth and salsa. Mix well until all combined.
- Layer the chicken breast on top of the quinoa mixture (evenly placed), then top with shredded cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- Let sit and cool a bit, then devour!
** Stores well in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-5 days or freezer for months!
And there you have it! A super simple, yet delicious dinner the whole family will love! This Healthy Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bake is sure to become a family favorite, especially when you are pressed for time and need to whip up something quick! The best part is, you can add any extra veggies to the dish and experiment with different spices to change up the flavor - so you'll never get bored of this meal!