As a new mom, especially if you are a breastfeeding mom, you may be desperate for quick, wholesome snacks that are super easy to make and loaded with nutrients to help give you energy and boost your milk supply. Enter my No Bake Cashew Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookie Bites that require no baking whatsoever, can be eaten with one hand, and are jam-packed with wholesome ingredients for you and for your breastfed baby (like oats, flaxseed and Brewer's Yeast, aka the "magic milk boosters")!
This week's recipe: No Bake Cashew Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookie Bites
That's right - the best way to increase your milk supply is through real, whole foods! The "magic milk boosters" (as I like to call them) include plain oats, flaxseed, and Brewer's Yeast. Each of these three powerhouse nutrients naturally increase your breastmilk production while also giving you tons of energy when you need it most! Let's be honest, motherhood is the hardest job there is... but it is also the most rewarding!
How to make these Lactation Cookie Bites:
Ingredients: (makes 24 bites)
- 2 cups Old Fashion Oats (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup Milled Flaxseed
- 2 tbsp. Brewer's Yeast powder
- 1 cup Cashew Butter (or any natural nut butter you desire)
- 1/2 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life for allergy-friendly)
- Combine all dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) first in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir well (it should be very sticky).
- Fold in the chocolate chips, cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to "firm up" into a "dough."
- Use a spoon to scoop out about 2 tbsp. of "dough" and roll into a bite-sized ball (make sure hands are clean and a little damp to help with the stickiness. I also recommend removing any rings while making the bites).
- Enjoy bite by bite :-) Store bites in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Now don't those Cashew Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookie Bites look delicious!? And they are easily modified to meet your dietary needs and taste buds! So go ahead and have some fun mixing in your favorite additions (like chopped walnuts, dried fruit, or protein powder / collagen peptides) for extra nutrients and taste! Like I said, being a mom (especially a new mom) is hard work, but that sweet baby is so worth it! Do yourself a favor, mama, and whip up a bath (or 3) of these delicious lactation cookie bites!