Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and build some serious lower-body muscle! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this Glutes and Hamstring Workout!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Backside Burner Workout
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is a Supine Hamstring Curl Machine and a small step-up bench) and can be done in anytime frame that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 20 Hip Bridges (with feet on the small step-up bench) (Use a moderately heavy weight)
- 20 Back Extensions (squeeze the Glutes at the top and don't hyperextend your back) (Use a very heavy weight / load the whole stack of weights to keep your legs in place and weighted down)
- 20 Supine Hamstring Curls (use a light-to-moderate weight)
- 10 Right Leg Donkey Kickback (place ball of your foot on the pad) (use a light-to-moderate weight)
- 10 Left Leg Donkey Kickback (place ball of your foot on the pad) (use a light-to-moderate weight)
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
Whew! That was a quick, tough (but awesome) workout and your backside will be burning for sure when you are done! All you need it ONE piece of gym equipment and some motivation and you'll have yourself one heck of a workout to kick off the weekend on a strong note!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!