Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your abdominal muscles! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this CORE Workout!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Plank Circuit Workout
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is your body, an exercise mat, and a timer) and can be done in anytime frame that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 30 second plank
- 30 second single leg plank with right leg lifted off the ground
- 30 second single leg plank with left leg lifted off the ground
- 30 second plank and twist
- 30 second plank and knee tap
- 30 second plank rockers (forward and backward)
- 30 second plank jacks
- 30 second left side plank with knee crunch
- 30 second right side plank with knee crunch
- 30 second left side plank with right leg lift
- 30 second right side plank with left leg lift
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
That's all there is to this quick, but effective workout and your core will be burning by the end of it! A strong core is extremely important for proper posture, balance, and stability and this circuit will help you build a very strong and stable midsection! You can even perform this workout 2-3 times per week to see results quicker and feel stronger in no time!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!