'Tis the season for Holiday baking! Are you looking for a healthier Holiday Cookie Recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving you full of guilt (or bloat)? Look no further than this Healthy Holiday Sugar Cookie Recipe, which is Paleo and Gluten Free (with a Vegan option) that the whole family will love!
This week's Recipe Feature: Healthy Holiday Sugar Cookie Recipe
Now, don't those little morsels look delicious!? And they are super fun to decorate! Not to mention, these babies are made with wholesome nutrients and offer superior health benefits compared to traditional Holiday Cookies. Think more protein, fiber, healthy fats and antioxidants with less carbohydrates, sugar, and saturated fat! All thanks to the mighty coconut - coconut flour, coconut sugar, and coconut oil are the primary ingredients in these delicious cookies!
How to make the Healthy Holiday Sugar Cookies:
Ingredients: (makes 16-20 cookies)
- 1 large egg (or Flax Egg for Vegan option)
- 8 tbsp. coconut oil (melted and cooled a bit)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 15 tbsp. coconut flour (just under 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Stevia baking blend
- 1/4 tsp. (dash) pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil (to save yourself from washing the baking sheet afterwards) or just use ungreased baking sheet.
- In one medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients (egg through vanilla extract) and stir well. In the same bow, add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- With clean wet hands, form cookie dough into approximately 1 in dough balls and place on the baking sheet until you make about 16-20 dough balls. Gently flatten the dough into a cookie shape and use fork tongs to make them look pretty (if you'd like).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (watch them carefully so they don't burn) then remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Devour! or decorate, then devour!
Now doesn't that seem super easy!? You CAN have your (cookies) and eat them too when you bake with wholesome ingredients that will actually give you health benefits and all the nostalgic feelings of Holiday traditions!