Looking for a last-minute dessert for the Fourth of July weekend that the whole family will love? Well look no further because I have the perfect recipe that is super simple to make, incredibly delicious, and actually very healthy (but don't worry, I won't tell your loved ones if you won't)! That's right! Here is my recipe for Red, White, and Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bark! Made with only 3 wholesome ingredients and is sure to be a real crowd-pleaser!
This week's Recipe Feature: Red, White, and Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bark
Now doesn't that dessert look delicious? And it is super nutritious with lots of calcium and protein (from the Greek yogurt) and tons of antioxidants (from the organic fruits)! This recipe serves 12, but you may want to double or triple it since your guests won't be able to only have 1 piece!
Ingredients: Makes about 12 servings
- 3 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries*
- 8-10 strawberries* (stems removed and sliced lengthwise into thirds or quaters)
*Organic berries, especially strawberries, are best since they are on the Dirty Dozen list and high risk for pesticide residue contamination!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash all fruit very well and let dry. Remove all stems and slice strawberries lengthwise into halves or thirds, depending on the size.
- Pour Greek Yogurt onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a thin layer.
- Top with blueberries and strawberries (and up to 1/3 cup no-sugar added granola or sliced almonds if desired).
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for two hours, or overnight, until the Bark is fully frozen.
- Break the Bark into smaller pieces (or slice into desired squares) and serve immediately or keep stored pieces in the freezer in an airtight container or bag.
*You may want to remove the frozen Bark pieces from the freezer about 10 minutes or so before serving if pieces are too hard to bite into.
That's all there is to this delicious and nutritious Greek Yogurt Bark that will be a perfect addition to your Fourth of July party this weekend! It is irresistible for children and adults alike and will definitely help cool you down after a day in the hot summer sun with family and friends! Now that's something to celebrate!
Have a great weekend and a wonderful 4th of July!