In search of the best oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies that are super easy to make and actually made with healthier ingredients? Then look no further for I have the perfect recipe for you and you probably already have all of the ingredients at home! Made with wholesome ingredients that are actually good for you and so tasty you'll want to eat these oatmeal cookies for breakfast, snack time, and dessert! And for a bonus for my breastfeeding mommas, these tasty cookies will even help boost your milk supply (thanks to the rolled oats, ground flaxseed, and optional Brewer's Yeast) and help keep you energized throughout the long days and even longer nights with a newborn!
This week's recipe: Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
As I mentioned above, these Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are super easy to make and require only 5 wholesome ingredients - gluten free rolled oats, ground flaxseed, bananas, vanilla extract, and dark chocolate chips (dairy free)!
Ingredients: (Makes about 15 cookies)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp. Brewer's Yeast (only recommended for breastfeeding women)
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life allergy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas and add vanilla extract.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Scoop out about a spoonful of "cookie dough" and form into a ball, place on the parchment paper and flatten a bit. Repeat to use up all of the "dough" (cookies will not spread out much so don't worry about spacing).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes (be sure to watch at the end to make sure the cookies do not burn)!
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then enjoy! Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 7-10 days in the refrigerator (if they even last that long)!
Now don't those Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies look delicious!? And they are nutritious too! So whether you are a cookie monster (like me) or a nursing momma (like I hope to be in about 3 months), you'll LOVE these cookies and will feel great about eating a cookie (or five) everyday!