Introducing my "Thirsty Thursday" recipe where I will share my smoothie of the week with you! I usually whip up a quick protein shake when I am in a rush after a morning workout, but today I took my time and planned out my FIRST EVER smoothie bowl concoction - The Mocha-cado Smoothie Bowl (I know, super clever of me, huh?) Smoothie bowls are all the new rage, but what is so special about being able to actually eat your smoothie with a spoon? I decided to find out and, boy, was I impressed!
(Mocha-cado Smoothie Bowl)
- 6 oz coffee (cooled to room temperature or chilled in the fridge)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Silk unsweetened vanilla)
- 1/2 frozen banana (2 oz)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/5th avocado (about 1.8 oz)
- 1/2 single-serve plain Greek yogurt (I used Oikos)
- 1 packet (full scoop) NutraKey Vegan Protein Powder: Mochaccino)
- 4-5 ice cubes (to blend to preferred texture)
- 3 tbsp KIND Cinnamon Oat with Flaxseeds granola (for topping)
- Mix coffee with almond milk and pour into a blender
- Add the frozen banana, spinach, avocado, and Greek yogurt and blend (about 30 seconds). You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender to make room for the next ingredients and to make sure it all blends evenly!
- Add the protein powder and ice cubes and blend for 30-60 seconds. You may need to add more almond milk or ice cubes to reach your desired consistency (smoothie should be VERY thick!)
- Pour the smoothie into a wide-mouthed bowl and use a spoon to scrape out any remaining smoothie from the blender (trust me, you'll want to eat every last drop... and maybe lick the blender bottle too...)
- Top smoothie bowl with granola and a little cinnamon if you'd like
- Devour smoothie bowl!
It's seriously that simple and SUPER delicious! The nutritional content of this smoothie bowl is also out of this world! The entire bowl is 375 calories with a whopping 33g protein!
So next time you are craving a smoothie, try my Mocha-cado Smoothie Bowl! I promise you will not be disappointed :-)