It's Thursday again! I don't know about you, but I am tired of all this rain we have been having in Tampa lately and I needed some brightness in my life today. The bad news is it looks like there's a 60-80% chance of rain for the next five days, but the good news is you can easily make this Super Green Matcha Tea smoothie bowl to brighten your day and load up on protein and antioxidants! I made this smoothie bowl for a power-packed post-workout lunch, but you can have this smoothie bowl whenever you need a pick-me-up meal!
Super Green Matcha Tea Smoothie Bowl
(Took advantage of the break in the rain storm to enjoy my smoothie bowl outside :-) At least my grass is green thanks to the rain!)
- 6 oz unsweetened iced green tea (I ordered mine from Starbucks on my way home from the gym, but you can brew your own green tea and chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so).
- 4 oz frozen banana
- 1 oz avocado (about 1/4th of an avocado, sliced)
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (vanilla flavored is recommended)
- 2 t Organic Matcha Green Tea powder
- 1 packet Stevia (or more to taste)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 3 tbsp KIND cinnamon oat with flaxseeds granola (for topping)
- about 10 fresh blueberries (for topping)
- Pour iced green tea into a blender and add the frozen banana, avocado slices, and spinach leaves. Blend ingredients for about 30 seconds to mix well.
- Add in the protein powder, Matcha powder, Stevia, and ice cubes. Blend ingredients for about 60 seconds to mix well. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender with a spoon or spatula and blend again to ensure all ingredients are mixed well and there are no clumps.
- Pour smoothie mixture into a large, wide-mouthed bowl and top with granola and blueberries.
- Devour smoothie bowl :-)
That's it! Simple as that and you have a super, power-packed Green Tea Smoothie bowl that will fill you up and leave you feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the day (come rain or come shine)!
Not to mention, this smoothie bowl provides you with nearly 190% of your daily calcium requirements and nearly 740mg of potassium; 30g of lean protein, 8g of fiber, and only 10g of fat; and doesn't break the calorie bank with around 350 calories total!
So go ahead, brighten your day with this Super Green Smoothie! I know it worked for me :-)
(I enjoyed my smoothie bowl with a good read, thanks to Strong magazine!)