Happy Sunday, Friends! Once again, I cannot believe it is already Sunday and time for meal prepping and getting ready for another work week. "Time"... HAH! That is something I am finding less and less of these days as I am about to start week 9 of my Dietetic Internship while attempting to make time for the other important things in life - like events with Family and Friends, working on our house, spending quality time with my husband, and exercising! As many of you may have noticed, I was not able to post a new Free Fitness Friday workout this week due to lack of time, but I made time for a repeat workout from my archives and I am working on time management and determined to be more efficient with the time I do have!
One area in which I am able to effectively use my time is meal prepping on Sundays and trying to make the healthiest, quickest meals so I can allot my time to more important things... like watching Football and cheering on the New England Patriots! So this week I decided to make some Overnight Oats to have all week long for a healthy and quick grab-n-go breakfast for my husband and I. I have been craving chocolate lately, so I played around with a few new ingredients and let me tell you, this recipe is a winner - full of chocolate and peanut butter!
This week's Meal Made in Minutes: Chocolate PB Overnight Oats
I used the same "formula" for my Overnight Oats, but this time I added in Jif Chocolate Peanut Powder and the amazingly delicious BiPro Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate (still the cleanest whey protein powder I have come across).
- 1/3 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Bipro Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Jif Chocolate Peanut Powder
- 1 packet Stevia (or other natural sweetener)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 banana (sliced)
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts or natural peanut butter
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a mason jar (or deep Tupperware container with a lid) in the exact order. Mix together with a spoon until well combined.
- Add the almond milk and stir well (or cover with the lid and shake well until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly).
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- Take oats out of the refrigerator when you are ready to eat, microwave for 30 seconds, and stir in a little more almond milk if needed. Microwave for another 30 seconds, top with sliced banana and peanuts (or peanut butter) and devour!
There you have it! A super quick and delicious breakfast option that you can make the night before in 5 minutes or less and devour in about the same time! The best part is you get to eat chocolate and peanut butter for breakfast and the nutrition facts are out of this world! One serving (without the banana slices and peanuts / peanut butter toppings) gives you 19g of quality protein, 26.5g carbohydrates, and only 4g of fat for only 230 calories!
Get going on making these oats so you can have more "you time" tonight! I know I am looking forward to some down time tonight while watching the Patriots (hopefully) stomp the Colts! I just hope I can stay awake until at least half time!
Go Patriots and Happy Sunday! Have a great week ahead!