It's the Sunday before Thanksgiving and I am guessing that you (like everybody else) are rushing around last minute to prepare for the big day! Whether you are traveling to visit family or hosting Thanksgiving Day at your house, I doubt you will have much free time to make non-Thanksgiving meals this week. Have no fear! I have the perfect non-Thanksgiving, yet Fall-flavored recipe for your next breakfast! And it takes less than 5 minutes to make and is sure to curb your Pumpkin cravings as you day dream about your grandmother's famous Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving Day!
Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday - full of family, fun, and Pumpkin! And this week's Meal Made in Minutes just happens to be my favorite Pumpkin-filled Overnight oats recipe ever and features Siggi's Pumpkin Spice Yogurt and Libby's 100% Pumpkin Puree!
This week's Meal Made in Minutes: Siggi's Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
If you haven't tried Siggi's Icelandic Yogurt yet, then you are missing out! This yogurt is packed with protein and has half the sugar of most yogurts on the market! I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Siggi himself at the FNCE conference in Nashville this year and taste-tested many of their amazing flavors. Needless to say, my favorite flavor was the Pumpkin Spice and I bought a whole case as soon as I came back to Tampa! I had so much fun at the conference and it was so great to meet Siggi there! He was so down to earth and makes the best yogurt on earth!
Like all of my other Overnight Oats recipes, this one can be made in under 5 minutes, must be stored in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 4 hours), and will be ready to go in the morning for a protein-packed healthy breakfast on the go!
Ingredients: Makes 1 serving
- 1/4 cup dry Rolled Oats (Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats)
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder (Biochem Vegan Vanilla)
- 1/2 container of Siggi's Pumpkin Spice yogurt
- 1/4 cup 100% Pumpkin Puree (Libby's)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Almond Breeze)
- Dash of Allspice
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Dash of Cloves
- Dash of Nutmeg
- 1 packet Stevia (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a Mason Jar (or deep Tupperware container with an air-tight lid) in the exact order. Cover Jar and shake to mix all ingredients. You can also mix ingredients with a spoon, but you want to ensure that all ingredients are mixed well.
- Cover with an air-tight lid and place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- Remove from the fridge the next morning, mix well with a spoon, and eat! You can also heat the oats in the microwave (without the lid) in 30-second increments if you prefer your oats warm. (I usually eat mine warm and microwave the oats for a total of 90 seconds and stir the oats in between each 30-second increment). * You may want to add a tiny bit more Almond Milk when heating if the oats are too thick! (I use 1 - 2 Tbsp to get the perfect consistency).
- Top with your favorite nut butter or Pumpkin seeds and top with sliced bananas for extra healthy fats and potassium.
One bit of these Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats and you be in Pumpkin Heaven! Your taste buds will be blown away and you won't believe how nutritious this delicious breakfast is! Just look at the nutrition fact for 1 serving! Only 6g of fat and 8g of sugar, but packed with Vitamin A (106%) and protein (24g)!
So there you have it - the long-awaited recipe for the BEST Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats (compliments of Siggi's Icelandic Yogurt)! I've had this for breakfast for the past week and a half and I don't see a need to change up my morning routine!
Bring on the Pumpkin Spice. Bring on family, fun, and food. And always keep the meaning of Thanksgiving in Thanksgiving - be grateful and thankful for the blessings in your life!
I know I have many, many things to be Thankful for and I am so grateful to be surrounded by loving family near and far!
Happy Sunday and Happy Thanksgiving!!