October is ALMOST over, but the temperatures in Tampa are just beginning to show signs of cooling down. While it may not feel all that much like Fall here, I have FALL-en in love with this new Protein Ball recipe made with .... you guessed it, PUMPKIN!! Check out this super simple, delicious and nutritious recipe for Pumpkin Protein Balls that are packed with antioxidants and protein!
This week's Recipe Feature: Pumpkin Protein Balls
It may be hard to get into the Fall spirit when it's 90 degrees and incredibly humid outside, but just one bite of these tasty little treats and you will FALL in love with Fall all over gain! And the best part is that you will only need 6 wholesome ingredients (plus some spices), less than 10 minutes of prep, and you don't even need to turn the oven on with these no-bake bites! And the extra bonus: you get to lick the bowl clean afterwards!
Ingredients: Makes about 34-36 Balls (depending on the size you make)
- 3 cups dry Gluten-free Rolled Oats (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup canned Pure Pumpkin Puree (Libby's 100% Pure)
- 1 cup natural Peanut Butter (Naturally More)
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 serving Chocolate Protein Powder (BioChem Whey)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice (I made my own with 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp Ginger, 1/8 tsp Allspice, and 1/8 tsp Nutmeg)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life)
- Place all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a large mixing bowl and mix well! You can use a large spatula or your (clean) hands, but make sure everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and form into a large ball of "dough." Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Use a mini ice cream scooper or table spoon to form the dough in to 34-36 balls (with clean hands) and enjoy immediately!
- Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator (for up to 2 weeks) or in the freezer (for up to 2 months)!
That's all there is to it!! And now you will have a healthy on-the-go option that will fill you up when you are on the run! I like to grab 1 or 2 in between meals to hold me over or have one before or after exercising! Each little Pumpkin Protein Ball is packed with Vitamin A and antioxidants; complex carbs, lean protein, and healthy fats; and just the right amount of dark chocolate to curb that sweet tooth of yours this Fall!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful week ahead!