Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your lower body and cardiovascular system! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this Body-weight workout!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Lower-body & Cardio Body-weight Circuit Workout
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is your body, some room to move, and maybe an exercise mat or soft rug") and can be done in any timeframe that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 5 Right leg leading Prisoner Squats
- 5 Left leg leading Prisoner Squats
- 50 Mountain Climbers (25 each side)
- 15 Left leg squat with right leg step-out
- 15 Right leg squat with left leg step-out
- 10 curtsy lunge to the left, into central squat, into curtsy lunge to the right
- 5 Squat thrusters "around the world" (straight back, to the right, to the left.... repeat 5x)
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
PHEW! Now doesn't that look FUN?! Trust me, it is! And your legs will be burning in no time! What a great way to start the day and head on into the weekend feeling great and energized!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!