Looking for a high-protein Waffle recipe that is gluten-free and made with a few wholesome ingredients? Are you also looking for a breakfast recipe that is both delicious and nutritious!? Then this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Waffle recipe is just what you are looking for! Just like the Cinnamon Waffle recipe from last week, this recipe is super easy to make, is packed with nutrients and protein, and won't leave you feeling bloated and too full to move!
This week's Recipe Feature: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Waffles Recipe
My waffles topped with my Chocolate Protein Syrup*, instead of maple syrup!
Ingredients: (Makes 1 large Waffle or 4 small squares) (Recipe inspired by Rachel Good Eats)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop Bio Chem Whey Protein (chocolate fudge) *Use half a serving
- 2 tbsp. Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana
For the Chocolate Protein Syrup - in a small mixing bowl, mix 1 scoop (1/2 serving) of chocolate protein powder with 1 tbsp. water until smooth and runny (like syrup).
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender
- Pour 1 cup of batter onto heated waffle iron (sprayed with non-stick coconut oil) and cook as instructed.
- Top waffles with Chocolate Protein Syrup or pure maple syrup, and 1/2 banana slices
That's all there is to it! Super simple (wholesome) ingredients make for super simple and VERY tasty waffles! I mean, who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter in the morning!? Sounds like a tasty way to eat a high-protein breakfast and your waffles too!
Happy waffle making and have a wonderful week ahead!