Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your Lower Body and Cardiovascular System! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this Lower Body Resistance Band Circuit
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Lower Body and Cardio Workout
How this Lower Body Resistance Band Circuit Works:
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is a light-to-moderate resistance loop band and some space to move around) and can be done in any timeframe that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 30 seconds right leg quick side step (with resistance band just above ankles)
- 30 seconds left leg quick side step (with resistance band just above ankles)
- 30 seconds right leg quick step back (with resistance band under right foot, in arch)
- 30 seconds left leg quick step back (with resistance band under left foot, in arch)
- 30 seconds squats (with resistance band just above knees)
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
There you have it! A FUN and FAST Lower Body Resistance Band Circuit that will strengthen your legs and cardiovascular system in no time at all! And now you're ready to welcome the long-awaited weekend!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!