Looking for a quick, healthy, and delicious dinner that the whole family will love? Well look no further for I have the perfect Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry recipe for you that is completely gluten free and soy free and ready in under 10 minutes! Bonus - this recipe is so versatile and pairs well with any side salad or side of brown rice for a heartier meal made in minutes!
This week's Meal Made in Minutes: Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry
How gorgeous does that Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry look!? And trust me when I say that it tastes even better than it looks and no one will be able to tell that it's healthy and completely gluten free and soy free!
Ingredients: Makes 2 servings
- 10-12 large shrimp (I used organic frozen, peeled, and deveined shrimp from Publix Greenwise)
- 1 bag frozen stir fry veggies of choice (I used Trader Joe's 12oz bag frozen stir fry veggies)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (or any nut you prefer)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (I used Trader Joe's unrefined virgin coconut oil)
- 1-2 tbsp. liquid aminos (I used Bragg's)
- Heat large skillet or wok on the stove top on medium heat.
- Add coconut oil to the pan and then add the shrimp and cashews once oil is melted (*best to use thawed shrimp as frozen shrimp will take longer to cook and will lead to too much liquid in the stir fry). Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the frozen stir fry veggies and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the liquid aminos and cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.
** Pair with a colorful side salad (as seen below with the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad) or with a side of brown rice or quinoa for a balanced meal the whole family will love!**
And that's all there is to this delicious, healthy, and quick Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry! Like I said before, this stir fry is completely free of gluten and soy, but is not lacking in taste or satiety! It's loaded with clean carbohydrates, lots of colorful antioxidants, lean protein, and healthy fats and everyone will think you slaved away in the kitchen for hours!
So what are you waiting for!? Grab the simple ingredients from your local grocery store and make this quick dinner to night!
Happy cooking and have a wonderful week ahead!