It's officially the first day of October and time for all things PUMPKIN! Trust me when I say that you'll FALL in love with these Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins, which are gluten free, dairy free, and free of any added sugars! It's the perfect combination of your favorite chocolate chip banana bread muffins and your favorite Fall pumpkin flavor with a healthy twist!
This week's recipe feature: Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
How to make these Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins:
Ingredients: (makes 10 regular muffins)
- 2 cups gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (optional - I used Further Food Premium Marine Collagen)
- 2 overripe small bananas (or 1 large)
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life allergy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray muffin pan with non-stick olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the remaining wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- In the same bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well. Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes to thicken before spooning into muffin pan.
- Fill 10 muffin tins nearly to the op (muffins will not rise much) and bake for 25-30 minutes (watch closely at the end so the muffins don't burn. Check the center of each muffin with a tooth pick (it should come out clean) and let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before you take them out.
- After cooling, enjoy! Muffins are ready to eat immediate or can be stored in an airtight container for about a week in the fridge and for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Now don't those Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins look delicious!? And they are actually very nutritious too, thanks to the hearty rolled oats full of fiber and B vitamins and to the pumpkin puree loaded with antioxidants and vitamin A! And at about 150 calories and less than 9g of sugar per muffin, they are guilt-free! So enjoy a muffin (or two) and welcome the Fall and "all things pumpkin" with open arms!
Now get to baking and have yourself a wonderful week ahead!