Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your Upper Body and Core! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this Upper Body Yoga Flow Circuit!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Upper Body & Core Yoga Flow Circuit
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is a yoga mat and your body) and can be done in any timeframe that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- Start in downward dog, then kick right leg back and swing it through toward your chest and then back to meet left foot. Then chaturanga back to downward dog (5 reps)
- Repeat step 1 with left leg kicking back (5 reps)
- 10 push-ups with alternating T plank (5 each side)
- 10 plank twist with right knee to left tricep
- 10 plank twist with left knee to right tricep
- 20 plank jacks
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
There you have it! Four simple, yet effective yoga exercises and 15-30 minutes later ... your upper body and core will be burning, you'll feel relaxed and lighter, and you'll be ready to tackle the rest of your day!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!