In search of a healthy breakfast option when your mornings are rushed and you don't have much time? Try this super simple and delicious recipe for Chocolate Nut Butter Chia Pudding that can be made ahead (in less than 5 minutes) and ready for you the next morning as you rush out the door! This recipe is super easy to make and very versatile! It is naturally gluten free and can be made dairy-free, nut-free, and even paleo! Plus, it involves two superfoods (chia seeds and dark chocolate), so it's a win-win anyway you choose!
This week's Recipe Feature: Chocolate Nut Butter Chia Pudding
That's right, chia seeds and chocolate are two power-packed superfoods that provide a host of health benefits (and taste amazing together)! Chia seeds, for example, are loaded with fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, essential vitamins and minerals (such as B vitamins, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus), and antioxidants that help protect our bodies from the damage of free radicals. Similarly, dark chocolate contains several beneficial antioxidants and phytochemicals that help fight off free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body. How cool is that!? Now, let's get to the recipe!
Ingredients: (serves 1)
The Chia Pudding Base:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened milk of choice (I recommend a chocolate flavored milk or non-dairy milk that has no added sugars)
- 1 tbsp. dark cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. peanut powder (optional or you can use almond flour - great addition of protein)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp Raw Stevia (optional)
- Banana slices
- Drizzle of nut butter (I used Simply Balanced Dark Chocolate Almond Butter)
- In a Mason Jar or airtight Tupperware container, combine milk of choice with the cocoa powder, peanut powder, and Stevia (if using) and stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the chia seeds and mix well, then cover with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours (overnight is best).
- When ready to eat, stir once more and add the toppings as you desire!
** You can make a few servings at once and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
See, simple and delicious! You can eat this Chocolate and Nut Butter Chia Pudding straight out of the jar or in a fancy dish (as pictured above) for a quick breakfast, snack, or dessert with minimal time and effort and no guilt!
Do yourself a favor and make this super simple and tasty chia pudding this Meal Prep Sunday and notice how much more energy you have when you start your day with a superfood-filled breakfast!
Enjoy your pudding and have a wonderful week ahead!