It's Sunday Funday again, and I have had so much "fun" catching up on my Clinical course work for my Internship that I failed to post this delicious recipe last weekend. I originally planned to make this meal on Sunday to have leftovers for a few days of the beginning of the work-week, but my father-in-law was able to join us for dinner and spending quality time with him was way better than any leftovers ever could be. Nevertheless, this delicious meal only took 20 minutes for me to make and about 10 minutes for the guys to devour!
This week's Meal Made in Minutes: Shrimp with Quinoa, Spinach, and Feta Salad
Ingredients: (serves 2-4 people)
1 cup dry Quinoa (Ancient Harvest pre-washed Quinoa)
1 package Athenos Reduced-Fat Sundried Tomato and Basil Feta
4 cups loosely-packed Spinach (stems removed)
2 Tbsp Light Italian dressing
Garlic Salt (to taste)
36 Medium Shrimp (Peeled and deveined, frozen and thawed out)
Old Bay seasoning (to taste)
Olive Oil spray
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions (about 15 minutes)
- While Quinoa is cooking, remove the (thawed) shrimp from the refrigerator and run under cold water, set aside.
- Break off the stems of the spinach leaves and break the leaves into smaller pieces, then measure out about 4 cups of loosely-packed spinach.
- When Quinoa is done, turn off the heat and fluff with a fork. Season with garlic salt (to taste) and add the spinach leaves - mix well so that the leaves are fully incorporated into the Quinoa (the heat from the Quinoa will cause the spinach leaves to wilt nicely). Then add the crumbled feta cheese and mix well (the cheese will melt into the Quinoa and spinach nicely). Lastly, add the Italian dressing and mix well. Put the cover back on the pot and let mixture stay warm.
- Lastly, spray a large saucepan with Olive Oil spray and sauté the shrimp for 2-4 minutes (flipping over the shrimp half way) until they are heated all the way through.
- Divide the Quinoa, Spinach, and Feta Salad between 2-4 plates and top with about 9 shrimp for each serving.
- BOOM, you're done! Enjoy!
I must say that I impressed myself with this meal and even the guys loved it! There wasn't a bite left! The best part was how healthy this balanced meal was with only 233 calories, 6g of fat (1.5g saturated fat), 34g carbohydrates, and 10.5g protein in one serving of the Quinoa, Spinach, and Feta salad! Adding the 9 shrimp brought this meal to 333 calories and 31g protein!
I truly enjoyed making this meal and enjoyed the company even more! I hope you take the 20 minutes needed to prepare this meal and spend as much time as you can enjoying this meal with family and friends.
Have a great Sunday and wonderful week ahead!