Happy Sunday, my friends! And this Sunday is especially happy since I am going to finally meet my best friend's new baby boy!! I have been counting down the days until today and have been anxiously awaiting my chance to go visit the little munchkin since he was born three weeks ago!
I have been so focused on this coming weekend that I totally forgot about the first day of Fall! Now it may not feel like Fall here in Tampa, but PUMPKIN is officially in season and I have one of the best breakfast recipes with pumpkin that I am sure you will FALL in love with (pun intended)!
The best part is that this recipe takes minutes to make the night before and your breakfast will be waiting for you when you wake up!
This week's Meal Made in Minutes: Pumpkin Pie Protein Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup Rolled Oats (I used Gluten-Free Rolled Oats)
- 2 tbsp. (1/2 scoop) Vanilla protein powder (I used Bio Chem Vegan Vanilla)
- 1/8 tsp All Spice
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 packet Stevia (or 1 tbsp natural sweetener of choice, like Maple Syrup, Honey, Agave...)
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree (I used Libby's 100%)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (I used Almond Breeze)
- Combine all ingredients in a Mason Jar (or Tupperware with a lid) in the exact order listed above and mix well with a spoon (or place lid on the container and shake well to combine all ingredients).
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 4 hours) and enjoy a delicious Fall breakfast!
That's it! Such a simple recipe and incredibly delicious and satisfying. Not only will you have a convenient breakfast on-the-go, but you will be fueled for the busy day ahead with this protein-packed breakfast that is loaded with long-lasting complex carbohydrates and antioxidants! Just look at the nutrition facts for one serving!
I like to warm mine up in the microwave (30 seconds, stir, then 30 more seconds) add a splash of almond milk, and top the oats with banana slices and 1 tsp natural nut butter (for some added healthy fats)!
It seriously tastes like Fall in a jar :-)
Enjoy your (healthy) Pumpkin Pie for breakfast and have a wonderful week ahead!