Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your full body and cardiovascular system! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this Battle Ropes workout!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Full-body Rope Smasher Workout
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is a moderate weight thick rope, a.k.a. "Battle Rope") and can be done in any timeframe that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 15Rope Slams (use your legs and squat while slamming the ropes down)
- 15 Rope Slams with right leg forward split squat
- 15 Rope Slams with left leg forward split squat
- 30 alternating Rope Slams (15 each side, try not to use your legs this time... use your core!)
- 30 alternating side-to-side jumping Rope Slams (15 each side)
- 30 alternating Rope Slams in a v-sit up (15 each side, use your core!)
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
Phew! Now that's a FUN and FAST workout that is sure to get your heart racing and put a smile on your face!
So what are you waiting for? Go get your workout on!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!