Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your Lower Body and Cardiovascular System! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this Dumbbell workout!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Lower-body & Cardio Dumbbell Workout
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is a pair of light weight dumbbells and a pair of moderate-to-heavy weight dumbbells) and can be done in any timeframe that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 5 Kneeling Squats with RIGHT leg leading step-ups (holding onto 1 moderate-to-heavy dumbbell)
- 5 Kneeling Squats with LEFT leg leading step-ups (holding onto 1 moderate-to-heavy dumbbell)
- 10 Right leg split squats (with light dumbbells)
- 10 Left leg split squats (with light dumbbells)
- 20 Squat thrusters, side to side (10 each side) (with light dumbbells)
- 20 Stiff leg dead lifts (with moderate-to-heavy dumbbells)
- 40 Mountain climbers (20 each side) (holding onto moderate-to-heavy dumbbells)
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
And that's all there is to it! A few quick, yet effective, exercises and you're ready to take on the day and welcome the weekend on a strong note!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!