Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your Lower-body and Cardiovascular System! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this HIIT workout!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: HIIT Kettle Bell Lower-body Workout
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is a light-to-moderate weight Kettle Bell) and can be done in any timeframe that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 10 reps of 3 pulse kettle bell squats with 1 jump
- 20 alternating reverse lunges with kettle bell side twist (10 each leg)
- 10 right arm kettle bell swing
- 10 left arm kettle bell swing
- 10 right arm kettle bell squat and snatch
- 10 left arm kettle bell squat and snatch
- 20 squat thrust and jump with kettle bell overhead press
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
There you have it! A FUN and FAST high-intensity workout that will strengthen your lower body and rev up your cardiovascular system!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!