Looking for the best Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe that is made with simple, wholesome ingredients and taste even better than traditional Banana Bread? Look no further! This recipe for Banana Bread is the best thing since, well... sliced bread, and it's naturally Gluten Free and free of eggs, butter, and added sugars!
This week's Recipe Feature: Gluten Free Banana Bread
Just look at how beautiful that loaf of Gluten Free Banana Bread is! As you can see, it looks just like your momma's Banana Bread and even has some tasty little chocolate chips in it, but it is made with unrefined grains (i.e. Gluten Free Oatmeal) and natural sweeteners (i.e. bananas) with Dark Chocolate Chips (optional for those with a sweeter tooth, like me)!
How to make Gluten Free Banana Bread
Ingredients: (makes 12 servings)
- 4 small over-ripe bananas (with lots of brown spots)
- 2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 3 tbsp. Natural / Pure Honey
- 2 tbsp. Organic / Unrefined Coconut Oil (melted in microwave)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F and grease a loaf pan liberally with non-stick coconut oil.
- Blend rolled oats in a high speed blender until an oat flour forms. In a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder) and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mash bananas and add honey, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract - mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips (if using, which I highly recommend!).
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes (until center is cooked well - test by piercing the bread with a fork and if the tongs come out clean, then the bread is done).
- Let cool in pan for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and devour!
There you have it, the BEST Gluten Free Banana Bread you will ever make and I bet you already have all of the ingredients at home! So what are you waiting for! Get to baking and enjoy this tasty banana bread all week long (if it even lasts that long in your house hold)! And if you like this recipe, I know you will just love my recipe for Flourless Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!!
Happy baking and have a wonderful week ahead!