You read that right! Flourless DOUBLE CHOCOLATE Avocado and Zucchini Muffins and they are completely Paleo and Allergy-friendly (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free ...)!! I can assure you that you won't even taste the avocado and zucchini inside these soft and chocolate-y muffins and your children won't know they are eating superfood fruits and veggies! You're welcome!
Recipe Feature: Flourless Double Chocolate Avocado and Zucchini Muffins
What makes this Flourless Double Chocolate Muffin recipe even better is that it only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time and 20 minutes of baking time! These tasty Paleo muffins make for a hearty breakfast when paired with a hardboiled egg or plain Greek yogurt or a healthy snack / dessert option when your chocolate cravings strike!
Ingredients: (Makes 9 Large Muffins, approximately 210 calories each)
- 1 small - medium Avocado (Ripe)
- 1 medium banana (ripe to overripe with some brown spots)
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter of choice (I used Almond Butter)
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1 large egg (pasture raised / organic)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal ( I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup grated / shredded zucchini (drained of excess water)
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F and spray 9 muffin tin cups with coconut oil spray (or non-stick spray).
- In a large mixing bowl, mash avocado flesh and banana until all bums are gone. Then add in all other ingredients, except for the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips, and mix well with a hand-held mixer on low - medium speed. Combine thoroughly until all bumps are gone.
- Add in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips and incorporate into mixture with a large spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the 9 muffin tin cups (about 3/4 of the way full) and bake for abut 20 minute.
- Test with a toothpick to make sure the middles are cooked through and let cool in the muffin tin for another 10 minutes.
- Devour! Or store in refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
Now, don't those Flourless Double Chocolate Avocado and Zucchini Muffins look delicious!? Even my husband said this was my best Paleo Muffin Recipe yet! They hide the healthy fruits and veggies well and could even pass as a chocolate cupcake if you add some chocolate frosting on top! Don't worry, I won't tell anyone they are actually healthy if you don't!
So what are you waiting for!? Get to baking and have a wonderful week ahead!