Happy Friday, fit friends! Here is another FUN and FAST workout for you to blast some serious calories and strengthen your Lower Body and Core! The best part is that you don't need tons of fancy equipment or time to fit in a great workout with this Lower Body Bench Workout!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Lower Body and Core Bench Workout
How to perform the Lower Body Bench Workout:
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is your body and a workout bench) and can be done in any timeframe that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 4-6 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 10 right leg step-up, then left leg step-up into a jump squat on top of bench
- 10 left leg step-up, then right leg step-up into a jump squat on top of bench
- 20 bench step-up hops into a jump squat, alternating legs for 10 each side
- 20 bench step-up hops, alternating legs for 10 each side
- 20 right leg single leg hip bridge
- 20 left leg single leg hip bridge
- 20 lower abdominal crunch ("hip raise") into leg lifts on bench
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise.
There you have it! A FUN and FAST Lower Body and Core Bench Workout that will strengthen your lower body AND core! This type of workout is also great to throw in at the end of a lower body lift to really burn out the legs and rev up your metabolism!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!