In need of an easy and healthy breakfast to grab and go this week? Then you need to try this Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Bake recipe! It's super easy to make, loaded with healthy ingredients, and tastes absolutely delicious - not to mention it's completely gluten-free and dairy-free (and fertility friendly)!
This week's Recipe Feature: Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Bake
How to make this Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Bake:
Ingredients: (makes 6 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking or rolled oats (gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash pink sea salt
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (optional, but highly recommended for awesome health benefits! I used Marine Collagen Peptides from Further Foods)
- 2 overripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (creamy) or PB sub for allergies
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x9 square baking dish with olive oil / coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and peptides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and add in the peanut butter - mix well. Then add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the almond milk and mix well again. Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the 9x9 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes (or until the top springs back when lightly touched with a fork and the edges are starting to brown). Cut into 6 squares and enjoy!
** Store in an airtight container in the fridge (for up to one week) and reheat in the microwave or eat it cold!
Now doesn't that look like a perfectly balanced breakfast that's delicious and nutritious!? Trust me, you will love this Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Bake - especially when topped with your favorite nut butter or combined with my tasty Egg Muffins! Talk about good "fast food!"
SO what are you waiting for? Go grab those wholesome ingredients and get to baking!
Have a great week, my friends!