Sunday Funday this week consisted of catching up on laundry, fitting in a quick HIIT cardio session, and then spending the rest of the day working on Clinical assignments and meal prepping for the week. While Clinical Module assignments are NOT my favorite, preparing this week's Meal Made in Minutes brightened up my day and made my house smell delicious!
The best part of meal prep today was that it only took me 15 minutes to make everything and I will have healthy options for lunch and dinner for the next 2-3 days! Now, that's a win-win situation!
This week's Meal made in Minutes: Turkey and Tomato Salsa over brown rice and / or zoodles
* Turkey and Tomato Salsa (serves 6)
- 1.25 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 16-oz jar of salsa
- 1 28-oz can of No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional topping)
- Red Chili flakes (optional topping)
* Brown Rice (serves 4-6)
- 2 cups dry Minute Instant Whole Grain Brown rice
* Zoodles (serves 4-6)
- 4-6 small zucchinis
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a boil and cook the Minute rice per package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, cook the ground turkey in a large sauce pan (cook thoroughly until no pink is present, about 8-10 minutes).
- While the turkey is cooking, pour the salsa and diced tomatoes into a large pot and heat on medium heat.
- When the rice is done, remove the pot from the heat and fluff with a fork. When the turkey is done, turn off the heat and add in the cumin and chili powder (mix spices in well) and then add the cooked turkey to the large pot with the salsa and tomatoes (mix well and continue to heat on medium).
- Clean and spiralize the zucchini.
- Remove the Turkey and Tomato Salsa from the heat and let cool.
And that's a wrap! A perfect assortment of nutrients in one complete meal made in under 15 minutes! I know I cannot wait to eat my Turkey and Tomato Salsa over brown rice AND zoodles tomorrow for lunch.... and then come home to leftovers for a quick on-the-spot dinner after a long day.
Enjoy, my friends! Have a Happy Sunday and great week ahead!