Introducing my Nutrition Tip Tuesday where I will share the latest and greatest nutrition information with you here every Tuesday! This week's topic is the "Spark Notes" version of my Nutrition Workshop last month on How to Build a Better Balanced Lunch Box for you and your children!
Craving PIZZA, but don't want the high-calorie, high-saturated fat, and belly bloat that usually comes with typical restaurant-style or frozen pizza? Well have no fear! I am hear to tell you that homemade pizza with fresh, wholesome ingredients can fit into ANY balanced diet! Let me introduce you to this week's Meal Makeover recipe - Fresh Caprese Pizza with Smoked Salmon!
If you are meal prepping for the week and craving a hearty casserole dish (without the excess calories and high saturated fat & sodium content) then I have the perfect Chicken and Brown Rice Casserole for you! Check out the simple recipe for this delicious and satisfying casserole dish that will fill you with wholesome nutrients and childhood memories of your grandma's famous casserole!
As many of you may know, I LOVE pizza!! Unfortunately, most Gluten-Free Pizzas are nothing like the real deal... so I decided to make my own homemade GF crust, and by Golly... it's delicious! (No cardboard taste here)!! Check out the simple recipe here!
Spring is in the air! And I have just the perfect light and refreshing recipe that can be made in minutes and won't make you break a sweat in the kitchen as the temps rise outside! Not to mention, it's a healthier version of traditional Chicken Salad that the whole family will love (and not miss the Mayo)!
Happy Sunday! And boy, oh boy, do I have an awesome recipe to share with you today! This recipe for Spaghetti Squash Turkey Boats is easy to make, incredibly satisfying, and perfect for meal prep for dinner this week.
Sunday Funday this week consisted of catching up on laundry, fitting in a quick HIIT cardio session, and then spending the rest of the day working on Clinical assignments and meal prepping for the week. While Clinical Module assignments are NOT my favorite, preparing this week's Meal Made in Minutes brightened up my day and made my house smell delicious!
The best part of meal prep today was that it only took me 15 minutes to make everything and I will have healthy options for lunch and dinner for the next 2-3 days! Now, that's a win-win situation!
This week's Meal made in Minutes: Turkey and Tomato Salsa over brown rice and / or zoodles
* Turkey and Tomato Salsa (serves 6)
- 1.25 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 16-oz jar of salsa
- 1 28-oz can of No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional topping)
- Red Chili flakes (optional topping)
* Brown Rice (serves 4-6)
- 2 cups dry Minute Instant Whole Grain Brown rice
* Zoodles (serves 4-6)
- 4-6 small zucchinis
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a boil and cook the Minute rice per package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, cook the ground turkey in a large sauce pan (cook thoroughly until no pink is present, about 8-10 minutes).
- While the turkey is cooking, pour the salsa and diced tomatoes into a large pot and heat on medium heat.
- When the rice is done, remove the pot from the heat and fluff with a fork. When the turkey is done, turn off the heat and add in the cumin and chili powder (mix spices in well) and then add the cooked turkey to the large pot with the salsa and tomatoes (mix well and continue to heat on medium).
- Clean and spiralize the zucchini.
- Remove the Turkey and Tomato Salsa from the heat and let cool.
And that's a wrap! A perfect assortment of nutrients in one complete meal made in under 15 minutes! I know I cannot wait to eat my Turkey and Tomato Salsa over brown rice AND zoodles tomorrow for lunch.... and then come home to leftovers for a quick on-the-spot dinner after a long day.
Enjoy, my friends! Have a Happy Sunday and great week ahead!