Let the Crockpot do all the work for you with this HEARTY & DELICIOUS Turkey Quinoa Enchilada Casserole! Full of lean protein, complex carbs, and lots of veggies this dish is sure to please the whole family and make meal prep a breeze this week!
This week's Recipe Feature: Crockpot Turkey Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
I love Crockpot meals! All you have to do is through the ingredients into the Crockpot, turn up the temp and come home to a delicious meal without spending hours in the kitchen! Crockpot meals tend to last longer in my household and we actually have leftovers (for once) and plenty more to share with family and friends!
Ingredients: Makes about 9 servings (1 serving = about 1 cup)
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- Chili powder and Cumin (to taste)
- 1 - 28oz can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 - 15oz can unsweetened corn (no salt added)
- 1 - 19oz can Enchilada sauce (low sodium)
- 1.5 cups dry Quinoa (Ancient Harvest pre-washed)
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- Place Crockpot liner in the Crockpot (life-saving for an easy clean-up)
- Drain the corn and rinse well with running water, then add the corn and diced tomatoes to the Crockpot.
- In a separate bowl, add the Quinoa and water and mix well. Add Quinoa to the Crockpot and mix well.
- Turn on the temp to "low" then cook the ground turkey in a separate saucepan and season with Chili and Cumin.
- Add the cooked ground turkey to the Crockpot and mix well again.
- Top with Enchilada sauce and cover.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high temp for 4-5 hours. Stir occasionally if you can!
- Serve and Enjoy (Optional - top with part-skim shredded cheese of choice or sprinkle 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast for a cheesy-savory addition)
** Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months.
This Crockpot casserole is very versatile and can be eaten by itself, placed over a bed of Zoodles, topped with cheese or Nutritional Yeast and eaten with tortilla chips, or topped with full-fat cottage cheese for a creamy and satisfying meal!
So what are you waiting for!? Grab the ingredients and let the Crockpot do the work for you! Get creative with your versions of the soon-to-be family favorite and please share your renditions with me!
Happy meal prepping and have a wonderful week ahead!