Looking for the best Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe that is made with simple, wholesome ingredients and taste even better than traditional Banana Bread? Look no further! This recipe for Almond Flour Banana Bread is the best thing since, well... sliced bread, and this version is made with Almond Flour, is naturally Gluten Free, and free of butter and added sugars!
This week's Recipe Feature: Almond Flour Banana Bread
Just look at how beautiful that loaf of Almond Flour Banana Bread is! As you can see, it looks just like your momma's Banana Bread and even has some tasty little chocolate chips in it, but it is made with unrefined grains (i.e. Pure Almond Flour) and natural sweeteners (i.e. bananas and maple syrup) with Dark Chocolate Chips (optional for those with a sweeter tooth, like me)! I used my original Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe, but swapped in Almond Flour at the request of my husband - who is now obsessed with this Banana Bread! Important note: when using different gluten free flours in baking, it is important to make some adjustments to the other ingredients and baking time and temperature. I made this easy swap with the help of Rachel Mansfield's Paleo Blueberry Banana Breakfast Bread recipe and it came out so perfect! Trust me, you won't be able to keep this Almond Flour Banana Bread in your house for long! Better stock up on bananas ASAP!
How to make Almond Flour Banana Bread
Ingredients: (makes 10 servings)
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed (with lots of brown spots)
- 2 large pasture-raised eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp. Organic / Unrefined Coconut Oil (melted in microwave, then cooled)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Almond Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Fine Almond Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup & 1 tbsp. Dark Chocolate Chips (save 1 tbsp. for sprinkling on top before baking!)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F and grease a loaf pan liberally with non-stick coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas and add the wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla extract), then mix well with handheld mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to same mixing bowl and continue to mix well with handheld mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (remember to save 1 tbsp. for topping)!
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan, sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. chocolate chips, and bake for 45-55 minutes (until center is cooked well - test by piercing the bread with a fork and if the tongs come out clean, then the bread is done).
- Let cool in pan for about 30 minutes (trust me, this step is super important and worth the wait... otherwise you will end up with "Almond Flour Banana Crumbles, not bread)! Remove from the pan slice into 10 pieces and devour!
There you have it, the BEST Almond Flour Banana Bread you will ever make and I bet you already have all of the ingredients at home! So what are you waiting for! Get to baking and enjoy this tasty banana bread all week long (if it even lasts that long in your house hold)! And if you like this recipe, I know you will just love my recipe for Gluten Free Banana Bread (made with Oat Flour)!
Happy baking and have a wonderful week ahead!