Looking for the perfect energy bite recipe for a quick and healthy option pre or post-exercise? These Paleo Chocolate & Nut Butter Energy Bites are just what you need for a light snack before your workout to help energize you and to help you refuel after your workout! Heck, you can even eat these tasty bites as a snack or guilt-free dessert to help curb your sweet tooth cravings! Made in under 5 minutes with 5 main ingredients, these Paleo Energy Bites are almost too good to be true!
This week's Recipe Feature: Paleo Chocolate & Nut Butter Energy Bites
Now every Energy Bite is not created equal and most have flours or grains and sugars added to the mix, but not these Paleo Energy Bites! Made with coconut flour and no added sugars, these tasty bites are full of wholesome ingredients, allergy-friendly, and full of energy (and flavor)!
Ingredients: Makes about 20 Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup natural nut butter of choice (I used Simply Balanced Dark Chocolate Almond Butter!)
- 1/2 cup (plus 1-2 tbsp.) unsweetened almond milk / coconut milk **
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
** Start with 1/2 cup and add 1 tbsp. at a time until the mixture is a cumbly, yet solid consistency.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix well with a large spoon until the mixture is crumbly, yet solid.
- Wet hands and form "dough" into small golf-ball-sized bites and place on a large plate.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or so to allow the bites to firm up.
- Enjoy bite after bite! You can store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 1-2 weeks.
That's all there is to it with these Paleo Chocolate & Nut Butter Energy Bites! Less than 5 minutes with 5 wholesome ingredients, and you have quick grab n' go energy in bite-sized tasty treats! I like to have 1 or two of these Energy Bites before a spin class or circuit training session or a couple at night with a side of Halo Top ice cream for a guilt-free dessert!
Tell me - when do you like to eat Energy Bites!? And what's your favorite recipe!?