Another "energy bite" or "bliss ball" recipe.... just what you need, right? The answer is YES! And this recipe may be just what you need to get you through the week ahead! The perfect combination of cinnamon, peanut butter, and dark chocolate in a bite-size ball of BLISS! And you can make it under 5 minutes with no baking required!
This week's Mean in Minutes: Cinnamon Bliss Balls
I made this recipe last Sunday after meal prepping for the coming week. After I made my husband a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I noticed there was only about 1/2 a cup of the peanut butter left in the jar.... which could only mean that I need to use it in a recipe before I finish it off with a spoon! I decided to experiment a little and modified my "typical" Energy Bites recipe to make it with less fat and less sugar (but loaded with cinnamon flavor)!
The result - a perfect combination of cinnamon, peanut butter, and dark chocolate to fuel me during the busy work-week!
Ingredients: (makes 11 balls)
- 1 cup rolled oats (Gluten Free)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (smooth, natural PB)
- 3 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp. Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips (Allergy-free)
- Combine all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and form Bliss Balls (making approximately 11 balls). I recommend using clean bare hands to form the "dough" into the Bliss Balls.
That's all there is to it! In 4 simple steps, you will have these delicious Cinnamon Bliss Balls to snack on throughout the week (if you don't eat all the "dough" while making it)!
If the taste doesn't blow you away, the nutrition profile might! As I mentioned, I made 11 Bliss Balls with this recipe and each ball is packed with about 5g protein and only 12g of carbohydrates and 7.6g fat!
I'm currently all out of my Bliss Balls for the week, but I will definitely make these tasty treats later on today during my meal prepping!
Happy Bliss Ball-making and have a wonderful week ahead!