Boy oh boy, was this a busy weekend!? If you live in or near Tampa, Fl (or are familiar with Tampa's biggest Pirate Parade) then I am sure you were busy "playing pirate" at the Gasparilla Parade! Now that you are recovering from a fun-filled Saturday, you may be struggling to get yourself together and meal prep for the work-week ahead. Have no fear! I have the perfect recipe for you to whip up a quick and healthy meal that will keep you full and satisfied all week long (and makes for an awesome Super Bowl Sunday Crockpot appetizer to share with your family and friends next weekend)!!
This weeks Meal Made in Minutes: Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
The best part about this recipe is how versatile it can be! You can adjust the recipe to make just one serving for a quick lunch, make 4-6 servings for the whole family to enjoy a quick dinner, or throw all the ingredients into a Crockpot to serve at your Super Bowl party for the big game next Sunday! However you decide to use this recipe, you won't be disappointed!
Ingredients: (for 1 serving)
- 4-5 oz shredded chicken breast (I used Valley Fresh Organic Chicken Breast)
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp. hot sauce (to taste)
- Optional - 2 tbsp. shredded cheese of choice (I like reduced-fat Pepper Jack cheese)
- Combine all ingredients into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (covered) for about 30 seconds.
- Stir all ingredients to mix well. Add in shredded cheese if desired. (May need to microwave for an additional 15-20 seconds to really melt the cheese).
- Serve with your favorite sides (corn chips, celery sticks, carrots, ...) or place between your favorite bun and serve with a side salad!
That's all there is to it! To make this recipe to feed your whole family, simply multiply the measurements by the number of people you aim to serve. And the best part is that you get to enjoy your favorite party dip without the guilt! One serving is about 200 calories with 27g protein and only 7.5g of fat and 3g of carbohydrates! Now, that is something to celebrate!
Stay tuned for the Crockpot version next week in my Meal Makeover recipe for Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip appetizer for the Super Bowl!
Happy meal-prepping Sunday, my friends. Have a great week ahead!