Happy Friday, Fit Friends! Another week has come and gone and it's another weekend that I will be out of town! But before I leave, I wanted to share another killer Full-body Workout that is low-maintenance (when it comes to space and equipment), but high-intensity and you can perform anytime and anywhere!
This week's Free Fitness Friday: Full-body Rope Smasher Circuit Workout
This workout is very simple to set up (all you need is a 45-lb straight bar / barbell and a 5 to 25-lb plate for extra resistance) and can be done in anytime frame that you have (anywhere from 15-30 minutes), but should be done at a fast-pace and with minimal rest. You can even fit this workout in at the end of a workout for an extra calorie burn! Complete all exercises in a row for 1 round, rest for 1 minute, then begin with the first exercise for round 2. Complete as many rounds as you can in the time you have! (Try for 3-5 rounds!)
As always, be sure to warm up before beginning the first round and cool down and stretch when you are finished.
- 20 squat with overhead bar pass (10 each side)
- 20 straight arm bus drivers (10 each side, keep core tight)
- 10 right leg reverse lunge with right arm shoulder press
- 10 left leg reverse lunge with left arm shoulder press
- 20 straight-leg dead lift (keep knees slightly bent and low back flat)
- 10 right arm bent-over row
- 10 left arm bent-over row
Check out this short video to see how each exercise is performed and to ensure that you have proper form throughout each exercise!
Phew! What a great workout and what a great way to kick-start the weekend! I know I am ready for some fun this weekend visiting my friends and family back home!
Have a great workout and a wonderful weekend ahead!