Totally loving this long weekend for Labor Day and loving this week's Recipe Feature for my Clean Crunchy Trail Mix that is the perfect snack while traveling over the Holiday weekend! This recipe is extremely easy to make and very versatile and makes for a great snack to pack in the lunch box during the school week too! So join me in making this healthy trail mix and be a kid at heart with some of your favorite childhood staples!
This week's Recipe Feature: Clean Crunchy Trail Mix
I made this version of my trail mix for my road trip to Orlando for my best friend's baby boy's 1st birthday and I was very glad I did! I love my best friend and her little boy, but I do NOT love driving through Orlando traffic during the remnants of a tropical storm! Let's just say this trail mix saved the day and kept the "hanger" away!
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
- 2 cups whole grain cereal (i.e. Gluten-free Cheerios, Gluten-free Rice Chex. Oatmeal Squares, Cascadian Farms Multigrain Squares) - I used 1.5 C GF Cheerios and 0.5 C Purely Elizabeth GF granola!
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews (walnuts, pistachios, or pecans) - I used Cashews
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds - I used dry roasted Almonds
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (unsweetened dried cranberries or assorted dried fruit) - I used Trader Joe's Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate chips (optional) - I highly recommend this addition!
** Mix all ingredients in a large plastic bag and divide into 4 little plastic baggies (for portion control) :-)
Super easy and super delicious! No need for store-bought, highly processed trail mix when you can make your own at home with simple, wholesome ingredients! The best part is that you can mix and match your favorite clean ingredients to have a variety of trail mix blends on hand whenever your next road trip, flight, or snack attack pops up!
So happy snacking and have a wonderful (shorter) week ahead!