Spring is in the air! And I have just the perfect light and refreshing recipe that can be made in minutes and won't make you break a sweat in the kitchen as the temps rise outside! Not to mention, it's a healthier version of traditional Chicken Salad that the whole family will love (and not miss the Mayo)!
This week's Meal Makeover: Clean Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (Rotisserie, homemade, or canned all-natural chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4th lemon juice (optional)
- tsp Simple Organic Italian Seasoning (or Ranch Dip mix)
- 2 tbsp. - 1/4th cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. - 1/4th cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4th cup chopped celery
- Place shredded chicken in a medium mixing bowl. Add Greek yogurt, seasoning, lemon juice (optional), unsweetened cranberries, chopped walnuts, and chopped celery.
- Mix well and ENJOY!
Simple as that! This tasty salad is very versatile and can be paired with whole grain crackers and fruit and veggies for a light appetizer, placed on a bed of greens with a side of pita bread, or as on open-faced sandwich (as shown above). No matter how you serve it, I assure you that you won't be disappointed!
Your taste buds (and waistline) will thank me :-)
Happy Sunday, friends! And have a wonderful week ahead!