Happy Sunday, Friends! If you are meal prepping for the week and craving a hearty casserole dish (without the excess calories and high saturated fat & sodium content) then I have the perfect Chicken and Brown Rice Casserole for you! Check out the simple recipe for this delicious and satisfying casserole dish that will fill you with wholesome nutrients and childhood memories of your grandma's famous casserole!
Ingredients: 8 servings
- 4 cups dry Minute Brown Rice (instant)
- 2 cups Gluten Free Imagine Organic Creamy Soup (Cream of Mushroom or Butternut Squash)
- 2 cups non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or 3 Canned Organic Chicken Breast (white meat)
- 1 - 1.5 cups frozen veggies of choice (I used mixed green beans, peas, corn, and carrots)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry rice, soup, Greek yogurt, and mix well. Then add cooked shredded chicken (or canned chicken breast, drained and rinsed). Mix all ingredients well to combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish (9X11 works best). Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes (or until top begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes or so, then cut into 8 even portions and serve.
That's all there is to it! Easy as pie (casserole) and dinner will be made and on the table in under 40 minutes. You might even have leftovers for a few days of the week, but I can't promise your family won't eat it all up in one night!
So let's get to baking and enjoying this dinner with family and friends.
Happy baking and have a wonderful week ahead!