As many of you may know, I have to follow a Gluten-Free diet. As many of you may also know, I LOVE pizza!! Unfortunately, most Gluten-Free Pizzas are nothing like the real deal and I have been searching for a GOOD GF pizza crust that doesn't taste like cardboard without much success. That is until I decided to make my own homemade GF crust, and by Golly... it's delicious! (No cardboard taste here)!!
This week's Recipe Feature: Coconut Flour Pizza Crust
I was inspired by the beautiful, and genius, Rachel (@rachelgoodeats) to try to make my own GF pizza crust from simple, wholesome ingredients! I was blown away by how easy it was to make my own pizza crust and with only 3 main ingredients!!
Ingredients: 2 servings
- 1/3 cup Organic Coconut Flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp. Ground Flaxseed Meal (Bob's Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup Egg whites (about 4 eggs)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Cumin (to taste)
- Chili Powder (to taste)
- Red Chili Flakes (to taste)
- Heat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, flaxseed, baking soda, and spices.
- Add the egg whites and mix well to thoroughly combine.
- With clean hands, mold pizza "dough" into a ball and spread out evenly on a "greased" sauce pan (with olive oilor non-stick spray).
- Heat on low / medium heat for 3-4 minutes (or until brown), then carefully flip the crust over and heat for another 1-2 minutes (until brown).
- Place cooked crust onto baking sheet and top with your favorite ingredients.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for about 4-5 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Cut in half and enjoy! (Or eat the whole pizza yourself, it is a "personal" size after all)!
I added baby spinach leaves, reduced-fat feta cheese, and shredded BBQ chicken to my pizza and it was the most delicious (GF) pizza combination that I have had in the longest time!
Get creative with your toppings and test out a few of your favorite combinations. I know I will be testing out different toppings and will have this pizza crust on the regular menu for the week!
Who knows, maybe I'll even split my "personal pizza" with my hubby one of these days!
Happy Sunday, friends! And have a wonderful week ahead!