It's Sunday!! That means it's time for this week's Recipe Feature and I am so excited to share my delicious (healthy) spin on Peanut Sauce and how to increase your vegetable intake and still enjoy a hearty Pad Thai! Some of you may have seen the sneak peak of this dinner I made earlier in the week, but the wait is over! Here's the super simple recipe for a quick, hearty, and healthy dinner you can make this week!
This week's Recipe Feature: Shrimp and Zoodle Brown Rice Pad Thai
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 5 oz medium shrimp, deveined and shelled (thawed if frozen)
- 2 large Zucchinis (or 3 small Zucchinis), sprialized into spaghetti-thick Zoodles
- 6 Tbsp PB2 Peanut Butter Powder
- 2 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Juice from 1/4 lemon (fresh squeezed)
- 1-2 Tbsp water (to thin the peanut sauce if needed)
- 4 oz Thai Brown Rice Noodles (I used Explore Asian Authentic Cuisine Vermicelli Noodles)
- Old Bay seasoning (to taste)
- Olive Oil spray
- Red Chili Flakes, for topping (optional)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- Cook Brown Rice Noodles according to package instructions. Drain and run under cool water and set half of the noodles aside (you can save the other half in the refrigerator for dinner another night this week).
- While noodles are cooking, clean and Spiralize the zucchini into Zoodles, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix the PB2 with the Liquid Aminos and heat for 15-30 seconds in the microwave until the peanut butter is melted and sauce is smooth. Add the lemon juice (and ginger) and mix well. Add water if needed. Set sauce aside.
- Spray a large sauce pan with Olive Oil spray and saute the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes and then flip to the other side to cook for another 2 minutes or so. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In the same large sauce pan, pour the Peanut Butter sauce into the bottom of the pan and add the cooked Brown Rice Noodles. Stir noodles around in the sauce and heat for 2 minutes. Add the Zucchini Noodles and stir to mix both noodles well with the sauce. Lower the temperature and cover the pan to cook for another 2 minutes (or until Zoodles are soft). * Youmay need to add 2-4Tbsp of water to the pan if your Peanut Sauce is too thick.
- Once the noodles are heated through, divide among two plates and top each plate with half of the shrimp. * You can add the Red Chili Flakes if you'd like (adds some great spice)!
Just look at that delicious (and healthy) Pad Thai! And each serving packs over 31g of lean protein and 37g of complex carbohydrates to fill you up with whole grains and antioxidants, with only about 4g of fat!
So there you have it! An easy way to enjoy a hearty dinner (without the unnecessary calories, fat, and sodium) and you can have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes! Do yourself (and your family) a favor and make this Shrimp and Zoodle Brown Rice Pad Thai this week!
Have a wonderful week ahead!