Happy Easter!! Such a wonderful day to celebrate and there is no better way to celebrate than spending time with your family and friends over a delicious breakfast or brunch! Not sure what to make for Easter? I've got you covered with these delicious (and adorable) Egg White Potato Nests that are sure to be a big crowd-pleaser. The best part is they are super easy to make, are made with 5 wholesome ingredients, and are packed with lean protein, hearty carbohydrates, and healthy fats!
This Week's Recipe Feature: Egg White Potato Nests
These little bite-sized Easter Egg Nests are packed with nearly 12g of protein, 13g of complex carbohydrates, and 4g of heart-healthy fats (thanks to the olive oil) for under 110 calories!
Ingredients: Makes 9 muffins
- 1/2 a bag of frozen Hashed Brown Potatoes (I used Alexia Organic Seasoned Hashed Browns)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 0.5g of Sundried Tomatoes (1 serving) (I used 4 pieces of California Farms Brand)
- 1 cup & 2 tbsp reduced-fat sharp-flavored Shredded Cheese (I used Sargento 2% 4 Cheese Mexican Blend, approximately 4.5 servings total)
- 2 1/4 cup Liquid Egg Whites (I used All Whites)
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray muffin tins with Olive Oil / non-stick spray.
- While oven is heating, prepare half the bag of frozen Hashed Browns according to package instructions. I used half of the Alexia bag (2.5 servings) with 1 tbsp olive oil and cooked hashed browns for approximately 6 minutes each side.
- Once potatoes are cooked (slightly brown), divide the potatoes among 9 muffin tins and press the potatoes down (with clean hands) to tightly pack each muffin tin and form little "potato nests."
- Bake the potato nests for 15 minutes (or until brown and crispy).
- Remove the potato nests and lower oven temp. down to 350F.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes into 4 even pieces and divide among the muffin tins, then add 2 tbsp shredded cheese to each tin, and then add 1/4 cup liquid egg whites to each tin (in that order).
- Bake for 25 minutes! Let cool for 5 minutes before removing the nests and ENJOY!
Now, don't those little Egg White Potato Nests look delicious! I had to test one out myself to make sure they were "safe" for the rest of my family to enjoy for brunch!
The verdict? AMAZING! Perfect combination of savory hashed browns, flavorful sundried tomatoes, and cheesey goodness with a hint of healthiness that everyone is sure to enjoy! Just remember to share them with your loved ones :-)
Have a HAPPY EASTER and a great week ahead!!